Flower 1 & Flower 2, Framed PolaroidsRegular price €150,00
- Set of 2 framed Polaroids
- 25 x 30 cm (framed)
- Auctioned framed
"As the saying goes, 'Charity starts at home.' For me, so does embracing my queer identity. My artistic pursuit delves into the realm of queer sensuality within the confines of one's abode. The Polaroid, a medium both instant and untouched by modern editing, offers a lens of nostalgia. I aim this lens inward, seeking to grasp the inexpressible. Perhaps, true comprehension eludes me."
About the Artist
Born in Zagreb, Croatia, Philip Steele (1996) is a South African artist with an Irish-Croatian heritage. Based between Cape Town and Malta, he graduated from the University of Cape Town in 2019 and has exhibited worldwide. Notable venues include Pretoria Art Museum, Tshwane, LagosPhoto20, Nigeria and Panal 361 Gallery, Buenos Aires. His third solo show was held in 2021 at Nel Gallery, Cape Town. Steele's work is in public and private collections globally. He's engaged in residencies, international travel, and continuous research for his art. Four monographs have featured his work, showcasing his work.
About the auction
- This artwork is part of The Big Gay Art Show, a collective exhibition celebrating queer Maltese and Malta-based artists, displayed at Cafe Society in Valletta between the 7th and 30th of September 2023
- All proceeds from the auction go to the Artist
- The bidding increment is set at EUR 10.00
- The silent auction auction ends on the 30th of September at 23:59
- The winning bidder will be notified on the 1st of October 2023
- The collection of the artwork will be available from the 3rd of October 2023 at il-lokal shop in Valletta
- Local and international shipping will be quoted separately