Who we are, PhotographyRegular price €300,00
- Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Metallic 340gsm
- Limited Edition of 5 prints
- Signed and numbered by the artist
- 15.00 x 23.00 cm (unframed) / 28.5 x 36 cm
- Auctioned framed
The Artist will be donating the winning bid to Checkpoint Malta.
'who we are': this piece invites us on a journey of introspection. Like gazing into a mirror that distorts and reveals simultaneously, 'Who We Are' prompts us to see ourselves through an alternate lens, unearthing previously unseen dimensions of reality. As we engage with this photograph, we're encouraged to question the intricate layers that form our sense of self.
About the Artist
Kris Micallef, born in 1988 in Malta, began his career in photography through his fascination with beauty and the human form.
Kris graduated in Architecture and Civil Engineering in 2011 after reading for his degree at the University of Malta. His architectural background influences his photographs - order, geometry, light and beauty are keywords synonymous with Kris’ photography. Kris excels in both fine art photography as well as commercial photography having a particular interest in the world of fashion. His works have been published in various magazines in Europe, the Middle East and also the United States. He’s also exhibited his works at Malta House, Brussels (2012), Kvartira 57, Kyev (2012), Salle Jean Despas, Saint-Tropez (2013) and Blitz, Valletta (2014) and will be exhibiting at BOZAR Centre for Fine Arts Brussels in 2017.
About the auction
- This artwork is part of The Big Gay Art Show, a collective exhibition celebrating queer Maltese and Malta-based artists, displayed at Cafe Society in Valletta between the 7th and 30th of September 2023
- All proceeds from the auction go to the Artist
- The bidding increment is set at EUR 10.00
- The silent auction auction ends on the 30th of September at 23:59
- The winning bidder will be notified on the 1st of October 2023
- The collection of the artwork will be available from the 3rd of October 2023 at il-lokal shop in Valletta
- Local and international shipping will be quoted separately