Insignificance, Acrylic on canvasRegular price €350,00
- Acrylic on canvas
- Fluid technique
- 30 x 40 cm (unframed)
- Sold framed
This series follows the act of giving your heart, regardless of the aftermath, investigating life experiences and different forms of relationships, from platonic to romantic. The works capture moments where the heart goes on to bleed, burst, or to fade out and become obscured; diving into the exploration of queer and polyamorous relationships through a discovery of the spectrum of sexuality and the transformative power of love.
Insignificance. We exist in an infinite space, ever-expanding, where all of our most devastating and valuable moments are rendered meaningless by time and scale.
About the Artist
Shalise Barnes was born in America and raised in Canada with strong ties to her European roots. She pursued her artistic passions by studying fine art in Paris before moving to Malta to open an innovative interior design studio. Her dynamic artwork emanates the vibrance of emotion, capturing the diverse spectrum of life. Barnes' body of work delves into intricate family dynamics, explorations of sexuality, feelings of isolation and translocation. Her portfolio is a portrayal of self-discovery and resilience, painted with an optimistic and personal outlook on the complexities of navigating queer relationships, and the redemptive power of love in rediscovering inner authenticity.
About the auction
- This artwork is part of The Big Gay Art Show, a collective exhibition celebrating queer Maltese and Malta-based artists, displayed at Cafe Society in Valletta between the 7th and 30th of September 2023
- All proceeds from the auction go to the Artist
- The bidding increment is set at EUR 10.00
- The silent auction auction ends on the 30th of September at 23:59
- The winning bidder will be notified on the 1st of October 2023
- The collection of the artwork will be available from the 3rd of October 2023 at il-lokal shop in Valletta
- Local and international shipping will be quoted separately