Inside-out 2, Linear hand drawingRegular price €180,00
Inside-Out 2 by Noura Abdelhafidh
Linear hand drawing
Ink pen on paper
- 18 x 24 cm (unframed) / 30 x 42 cm (framed)
- Auctioned framed
‘’[Humans] differ by what they show, and have in common what they hide’’*
Inside-Out is a series of drawings Initially inspired by flashbacks from my secondary school biology lessons. It explores the question of the singularity of humans as unique individuals and our sameness as one biodegradable species.
Far from pretending to find THE answer to such a complex matter, I went for illustrating what we see/or not of us humans at all times.
We are both our respiratory system and our opulent lapels, our brain and the extravagant hairstyle above it; both the Anatomical and the Sublime.
Thanks to these artworks, I also realised how little I (and probably many of us) knew about what is not visible of our bodies, the proportions, the textures, the shapes, etc.
Inside-Out is both a subtle and much-needed Memento Mori but also a celebration of the beauty of our differences and twists.
*Paraphrased quotation of Paul Valéry (transl.)
About the Artist
Noura (b. 1991) was born and raised in Tunis and has been based in Malta since 2017. Graduating in Architecture in 2016, at the Ecole Nationale d'Architecture et d’Urbanisme, Tunis (Tunisia),
Noura is an architect and multidisciplinary designer with a special interest for interiors and exhibition space design. She is also an independent illustrator actively interested in the role of art in articulating social changes and guaranteeing human rights.
She participated in the first edition of the collective show Spring V1.1 (January 2021) held by the Gabriel Caruana Foundation at the Mill (Birkirkara, Malta) with her series When you go to Home, Do like Homans. In 2022, Noura held her first personal exhibition hot-Line at Il-Lokal (Valletta, Malta).
About the auction
- This artwork is part of The Big Gay Art Show, a collective exhibition celebrating queer Maltese and Malta-based artists, displayed at Cafe Society in Valletta between the 7th and 30th of September 2023
- All proceeds from the auction go to the Artist
- The bidding increment is set at EUR 10.00
- The silent auction auction ends on the 30th of September at 23:59
- The winning bidder will be notified on the 1st of October 2023
- The collection of the artwork will be available from the 3rd of October 2023 at il-lokal shop in Valletta
- Local and international shipping will be quoted separately