BNADAR, DrawingRegular price €200,00
- Hand drawing - watercolour pencils and pen
- 29.6cm x 34.6cm (unframed)
- Sold framed
‘BNADAR’. Maltese balconies have long been a symbol of patriotism, a cultural means of promoting our islands for touristic purposes. I wanted to use the iconic visual of the facade of these traditional balconies to represent as many LGBTQ+ communities as possible through their corresponding flags, purposefully leaving out the rainbow flag which is usually the only one prioritised.
About the Artist
Johann Agius is a freelance marketer who always had a passion for drawing and painting from a very young age. Self-taught and self-driven, Johann has maintained his artistic passions as a means of grounding himself, especially in overwhelming situations. His proudest project as a queer artist was designing the Gayyagni illustration for local fashion designer Parascandalo in 2022. Johann uses mainly watercolours combined with pencil and pen variations.
About the auction
- This artwork is part of The Big Gay Art Show, a collective exhibition celebrating queer Maltese and Malta-based artists, displayed at Cafe Society in Valletta between the 7th and 30th of September 2023
- All proceeds from the auction go to the Artist
- The bidding increment is set at EUR 10.00
- The silent auction auction ends on the 30th of September at 23:59
- The winning bidder will be notified on the 1st of October 2023
- The collection of the artwork will be available from the 3rd of October 2023 at il-lokal shop in Valletta
- Local and international shipping will be quoted separately